Live COVID-Safe Worship Services – Full Details
Check out this video for all the basics you need to know about how we can do church in a “COVID-safe” way. We’ve also included a summary below.
- There’s plenty of space for everyone, but you MUST pre-register each week to ensure we remain under our 50 person limit for each service. As much as possible, we encourage members to choose their preferred service time and commit to that each week.
- To register for the service you plan to attend, go to bit.ly/gpccovidrego. Register any children who will be in creche or with you in the service. But there’s no need to register kids who will be attending kids church as they won’t enter the main building.
- If you’re unwell, please don’t come to church. Make use of the livestream link so you can join in from home.
- If your kids are attending Kids Church, please drop them in the backyard upon arrival, before you enter into the main church hall.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for you to please use upon entry to the main hall and Kids Church.
- Everyone needs to ensure we maintain a safe distance of 1.5m apart, especially when queuing, sitting (in household groups) or chatting to others. Greet each other warmly, but please no hugs or handshakes.
- BYO Bible or use a Bible app on your phone as we won’t be able to give out church Bibles or bulletins.
- We will be able to sing together under the latest govt regulations – we’ll do a couple of songs together after the sermon and then one with the kids in the backyard at the end.
- Creche will have a limit of 17 people spread across the parents room & back conference room – we’ll leave the door open between them.
- Until further notice, we won’t have morning tea or the Lord’s Supper together because of the health risks associated with shared food and drink.
- Once the service finishes, please make your way immediately out to the backyard for singing. This also enables us to clean the church and get setup for the next service.
- Until further notice, we won’t have morning tea or the Lord’s Supper together because of the health risks associated with shared food and drink. But feel free to stick around for a chat in the backyard, then exit via the driveway.
These protocols have been developed based on these QLD government guidelines and the COVID-Safe Industry Plan for Places of Worship, which we’ve adopted. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our pastor, Rohan Pieris (Ph: 0422 033 405). We’d love you to join us!